We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Rarely do I let sugared cereals into the house. The plethora of fake colors, sugars and preservatives are not something I really want Miss Sarah over indulging in so I simply don’t buy them. UNLESS….I am making this Super Fun Fruity Pebbles Cupcake Recipe.
Post cereals aren’t on sale all that often, and you rarely see a coupon for them. That makes these a big splurge for me and one box? It will make several batches of these gems. These cupcakes are fun, colorful, and just a party on a plate. Seriously, who could resist that?
Besides having Fruity Pebbles grace the top of your frosted beauties, some is used inside the cupcake batter to make a tasty homestyle version of a FunFetti cake mix. You COULD skip my cupcake recipe and use a boxed cake mix, but there is a real differrence in taste. The Fruity Pebbles cereal really adds to the cupcake textrue and flavor, when you use it.
I know this recipe is all about Fruity Pebbles cereal, but you could also use Cocoa Pebbles. It won’t be as colorful, but will work the same way to give you a treat with a hint of chocolate.
Fruity Pebbles Cupcake Recipe
You will need:
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/2 C milk
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
1 C sugar
1/2 C Fruity Pebbles Cereal
1 1 C unsalted butter, softened
3 1/2 C powder sugar
2 tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 piping bag with a large star tip
wooden spoons for decoration, optional
Fruity Pebbles, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg whites, and vanilla.
- In a standing mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients and milk mixture alternately beginning and ending with dry ingredients, beating until combined.
- Mix in the Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake liner filling about 3/4 full
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes
- Let cool completely on a wire rack
- Using the standing mixer, beat butter and powder sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add heavy cream and vanilla, beating just until creamy and stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag and frost the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with the Fruity Pebbles Cereal before the frosting dries.
- We just garnished them with a faux wooden spoon – a half a tongue depressor would work well too!