Whether you call these Empty Tomb Cupcakes, or Resurrection Cupcakes, these easy Easter Cupcakes are bound to impress your family and friends. This can be a nice variation on the traditional Easter Bunny Cupcakes as you can tie in a little religious lesson at the same time.
Just look at those cupcakes! They really aren’t that hard to make and are a great visual of the Empty Easter Tomb that was found just a few days after Jesus died.
Cute and Easy Easter Cupcakes
I know we have had fun Bunny Bum Cupcakes, Carrot Patch Cupcakes, and even Coconut Chick Cupcakes before, but these Easy Easter Cupcakes are more religious than the normal whimsical fun for the kids. You can see that these are just one of the easy Easter cupcakes ideas we have!
Are these quick and easy Easter cupcakes?
It depends on if you use our recipe from scratch or choose to stat with a boxed cake mix instead. Obviously, the boxed cake mix will shed a little time off your production.
A faster way to speed things up? Be like me and have a few plain cupcakes in your freezer at all times: both chocolate and yellow flavors.
Easy Easter Bunny Cupcakes
If you are after something a little less religious? We have you covered here too – our Adorable Bunny Bum Cupcakes are always a hit!
What is the story of the resurrection?
The resurrection of Jesus, or anastasis is the Christian belief that God raised Jesus after his crucifixion as first of the dead, starting his exalted life as Christ and Lord. His resurrection is seen as the guarantee that all the Christian dead will be resurrected at Christ’s second coming.
How do you explain the Easter story to a child?
If you’re wondering how to explain this theological conundrum to your children, whatever their age, here is a to help you through: Focus on the resurrection, and whaat it gives us all for the future.
What does the resurrection tell us about Jesus?
His resurrection is the guarantee that all the Christian dead will be resurrected at Christ’s second coming. For the Christian tradition, the bodily resurrection was the restoration to life of a transformed body powered by spirit, as described by Paul and the Gospels, that led to the establishment of Christianity.
This recipe is for decorating the easy Easter Cupcakes, not baking them. You can start with that step by grabbing any of our easy basic recipes! It uses some premade things that most people are familiar with like Oreos and mini chocolate donuts so it’s a great hands-on activity to do with kids.
How to Make Easy Easter Cupcakes
You will need:
- 12 cupcakes, your favorite
- 1 cup green frosting, your favorite
- ¼ cup chocolate frosting, your favorite
- 1 tablespoon flower sprinkles
- 12 mini chocolate doughnuts
- 6 mini fudge-covered Oreos
If you are looking for an easy Easter cupcakes recipe and don’t want to do a boxed mix? Try our Yellow Cupcake recipe or even Chocolate Cupcake recipe to make them from scratch. Otherwise, that boxed mix works just fine.
easy ways to decorate easter cupcakes:
This is a simple smear of frosting, a little piping of more frosting, and then adding toppings like the cookies and sprinkles. It can’t get much easier than that!
1. Gently cut ⅓ off each doughnut to create a flat surface where the “tomb” can rest against the icing when the cupcake is assembled.
2. On cupcakes, spread a line of chocolate frosting to represent the garden path.
3. Pipe green frosting on each cupcake to resemble grass.
4. Press a doughnut “tomb” against the icing where the path meets the grass. Then, press a fudge-covered Oreo to the side of the doughnut to represent the stone that was rolled away.
5. Sprinkle flower sprinkles over the green icing and press lightly to attached.
Other fun Easter ideas to try:
- Easter Bunny Racers – A Simple Treat
- Fun Bunny Peeper Sugar Cookies
- Beautiful Brownie Bunnies!
- Tips for Saving Money on Easter